Sunday, December 9, 2012

Fonts!

I learned a lot from this section.  I felt for Johann Gensfleisch zum Gutenbergwhen when his investor sued him and he got his equipment taken away before he could print him 42-line bible.  I learned a lot about fonts.  I love fonts.  I worked in a print shop for three years but never knew the origins on "Baskerville Old Face"  now I know who it originated with.  I never know how fonts originated until I read these chapters.  There is a lot of art behind different types of fonts and printing.   I have a real insight on how graphic design started and how mass production came to be.  Looking at this kind of early print is actually really inspiring.  I love seeing and understanding all of the hard work that went into printing and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment